Therapeutic nutrition in Turkey, beginning and in this modern world, increased the importance of nutrition and nutrition science, as well as living conditions and constantly changing eating habits, as well as the diversity of food products and the change of production conditions and diversity of food and products.
In addition, under these conditions, the demand for a dietitian, who is indispensable in the health-care system, is growing.
This is due to the fact that malnutrition and lifestyle are two of the most important factors in the emergence of chronic diseases, and it is also one of the most common health issues in all countries around the world.
Obesity has become a public health issue, accounting for the lion’s share of health-care spending in many countries, particularly in developed and developing countries.
It also contributes to diseases like high blood pressure, heart disease, blood vessel disease, and diabetes. As a result of the rise in obesity and the diseases that cause it, the demand for nutritionists has increased.
Who is a therapeutic nutritionist?
A therapeutic nutritionist is a professional who has received nutrition and nutrition training. It offers food, nutrition, and nutrition services to individuals and societies at all stages of life.
It also establishes feeding plans and policies, and its research focuses on the relationship between food, food, humans, and living organisms.
As a result, a nutritionist is regarded as a member of the health team in hospitals, health care centers, and institutions.
Therapeutic nutrition is specialized in Turkey and the required qualifications
The program lasts four years and is divided into eight semesters.
In Turkey, this specialization is available in both English and Turkish.
In addition, the student’s high school graduation rate must be at least 60%.
What are the qualifications and benefits of therapeutic nutrition treatment?
The student who wishes to pursue this specialization should be interested in subjects such as biology, chemistry, physiology, psychology, and the basic medical sciences required by the program. That is, in terms of professional maturity and benefit following graduation.
It is also necessary to respect culture and eating habits, to understand how to use scientific data at the highest level, and to develop advanced communication and persuasion skills. Furthermore, I enjoy taking the initiative and assisting others, as well as encouraging them to be patient and disciplined.
Work opportunities following graduation from the therapeutic nutrition specialization
Due to the large number of demand and attention to this specialization and study that is being worked on in modern science on nutrition, diets, nutrition diseases, and many others, there are many different opportunities to work in it after graduating from this specialty, and from these areas the following:
- Hospitals and special departments such as planning for patients Clinics.
- Working in medical laboratories.
- Nutritionist (in hospitals and institutions such as university cities, shelters and schools).
- Work in community awareness. And that, by working with governmental and non -governmental organizations or awareness of school students and kindergartens.
- Work in research centers.
- Fitness centers, care and nutritional care centers.
- Nutrition consultant with private clinics.
Advantages of studying therapeutic nutrition in Turkey:
- After graduation, the specialist can open its own clinic.
- Obtaining job opportunities in the government or private sector.
- The opportunity to train in the best hospitals during university life.
- The possibility of working independently.
You may also be interested in: How do I find specialization in Turkish universities?
Subjects taught by students at the university level
The following subjects are studied by the student during the first academic year:
Job and life.
Introduction to nutrition.
In the second academic year, he studies the following subjects:
1. Nutritional principles.
2. The chemistry of nutrition.
3. Food chemistry and testing.
4. Overall health.
5. Microbiology in the public domain.
Control over food and legislation.
7. Breastfeeding of the mother and child.
8. Assessing the nutritional status.
9.Microbiology of food.
He studies the following during his third academic year:
1. Pediatric disease treatment.
2. Nutrition in Institutions.
3. Adult disease dietary therapy.
4. Nutritional and epidemiological issues.
5. Nutritional Education.
Sixth, summer training.
Finally, in the fourth academic year he studies the following:
1. Work in hospitals.
2. Senior project.
The best Turkish private universities, which provide therapeutic nutritional
1. Istanbul Ukan University in English
2. üsküdar University.
3. Istinye University.
4. Istanbul Gelisim University.
5. Istanbul Medipol University.
6. Bahçaçehir University.
7. Istanbul Aydin University.
8 Hali University.
Finally, we mention that the “Education Portal” assists students in selecting an appropriate specialization. Our team at “Education Portal” offers our experience in securing students step by step to choose the appropriate university specialization for them and correct registration based on our long experience in this field and in Turkey, which exceeds seven years by registering and dealing with private universities and registration in it.
In conclusion, we recall that in this article, we clarified all issues concerning the therapeutic nutrition specialty in Turkey, the materials studied in this specialty, and the universities where this specialty is taught.
You can also contact us through the “Education Portal” if you have any questions about selecting the best university specialization to study.